Freeks - Henniker Kind Band

A now defunct band from Henniker, New Hampshire. Freeks dissappeared right before the internet took-off and the band has never had a web presense, yet everything exists for one. So now, in blog format, I'm creating an online archive of our music, stories and photos. No chronology.

Monday, January 02, 2006

12/26/98 Christmas Party


There's about twenty layers to this photo that I could talk about, but I'm just going to pick a couple. Max Dowling and Melissa Thompson are great friends of mine who at the time, didn't even know each other. Now they have a wonderful child together and they live right down the street from me. The other day as I was looking through photos and trying to pick which ones I wanted to post on this site; I noticed Max and Melissa in this photo relatively close to each other. The story was passed along to them and they are both excited to see the photo, so here it is!!! The other reason I'm posting it is because this was our 2nd Annual Holiday party at the Contoocook Legion Hall Post #81 in Contoocook, New Hampshire. Thought the venue and band has changed, we are still throwing the same party with the same results for the ninth year now!!!! I guess this is my chance to say, THANK YOU!!! From all of us! It means so much to us that the hours of rehearsals every week and the miles driven only to lift equipment in and out of bars and small clubs, has paid-off in a way that we all benefit. We love our music and it is satifying, but it's more work than most can imagine for very little pay. We do it because we love it though and that's not ever going to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter